Exe Plumbing and Heating

Gas safety certificates

Gas safety certificates or ‘records’ are an important part of maintaining your gas appliances. According to the HSE, “your contract should clearly specify who is responsible for carrying out the maintenance and safety check duties…. an agent must arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flues, which the landlord owns and provides for the tenants use”.

This means that you need someone who is landlord gas safety certified to maintain your plumbing & heating. And that’s where I come in. I offer landlords gas safety certificates/records on gas appliances, so call me today and let me help you maintain your appliances the right way.

Documentation needed

Residential tenants, depending on the purpose and type of work carried out, only require a Landlord Gas Safety Record to fulfil the legal duty of the landlord to annually safety check the gas appliances provide to their tenants. Additionally, Landlords also have a legal duty to keep all pipework in a safe condition. I am qualified and registered to do this safety check. Call today on 01395-222592. For more information on gas safety in rented accommodation, click on the following related documents:

Not a landlord – what documentation is required?

If you are not a landlord it’s still a good idea to understand what documentation will be provided before having any gas work done in your home. So if you require something specific, let me know, and I will make sure we have agreed to this prior to any work carried out.